Wish I could write a column about my cat Phoenix, but I can’t because this blog is for movie producers. So, I’ll write a column about movies with cats. But, not movies about catsâ€”because that’s too easy. Instead this column is about movies which have cats in them, cats whom you might not have noticed had I not pointed them out to you. Cats who, nevertheless, are important and loved members of the lead characters’ lives.
- Game 6. Robert Downey is a movie critic who almost has sex with Michael Keaton’s daughter. Robert Downey’s cat walks around on the table checking out leftover food. Phoenix was a sweet, soft, orange kitty with gold eyes.
- Alien. Ripley has a cat named Jonesy. The cat gets rescued. Phoenix loved all people even though two teenagers had tried to hang him and beat him to death when he was a kitten.
- Star Trek The Next Generation (television show). Recurring character Spot.
Data: â€œYou must tell him he’s a pretty cat and a smart cat, too.â€
Worf: â€œI will feed him.â€
There is a Chinese saying that when you save someone’s life, rather than that person repaying the favor, you end up being that person’s slave for live. Jim & I were slaves of my cat Phoenix for 17 years. Whatever he wanted, he got.
- The Godfather. Cat sits in Marlon Brando’s lap and purrs. Marlon supposedly found him on the set and kept him. My cat Phoenix was a huge lap sitter and purrer.
- One Fine Day. A film with both a cat and George Clooney. What could be better? Phoenix liked his forehead scratched.
- Romancing the Stone. Kathleen Turner has a cat named Romeo. Kathleen Turner was some hot chick back then! (So was I.) My Cat Phoenix died last year.
- Assassins. Julianne Moore is crazy about her cat. I miss Phoenix every single minute
- Harry and Tonto. Nuff said. Nuff said.